Thursday, March 13, 2008

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I was just informed in a comment from the last post that my blog has now "Jumped the Shark."

I didn't know what that meant, until about five minutes ago. But it was followed by "Step it up" so even I, could easily infer the slight.

According to Wikipedia, "Jumping the Shark" is used "to denote the point at which the characters or plot of a tv series
veer into a ridiculous, out-of-the-ordinary storyline." Which I always thought was the whole point of this silly exercise. In fact, I'm almost tempted to rename this blog "Jumping the Shark."

I am only disappointed in myself for not knowing the source of this expression - my boyhood hero, Arthur Herbert "Fonzi" Fonzarelli.

Please enjoy this colloquialism-defining TV moment.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no way. you da man, lefty. the term 'jumping the shark' is so internet 1.0. your commenter is the one who jumped, dude.

now can you tell us more stories about bodily excretions ... please?